Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fun day


6k hands today, dead even. Fun.

Spent Valentine's day with a bunch of single friends. Had some Korean bbq today. Holy shit the Korean bbq here sucks ass.

Tomorrow is the big parade. I had a lot of fun last year and I will attend again this year. The article in this link pretty much describes the whole parade.
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/TravelTimes/article/FeatureStory/20060213160906/Article/index_html
There are some pretty cool stories about the parade. The parade started back in the 1800s. In 100+ years of parade, there has been no rain every year on the day of the parade. Every year without fail. One year the Sultan denied the permit for the parade. He fell sick after that for weeks and no doctor could figured out what was wrong with him. He somehow got better after changing his mind with the permit.

I'll try to take some pictures if I can. My camera on my phone sucks so don't count on it.

No comments: